[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio meetup at the 2010 SDR Technical Conference

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio meetup at the 2010 SDR Technical Conference, Washington, DC
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:22:04 -0400

GNU Radio community,

We will be holding a GNU Radio meetup at the SDR Technical Conference
on Wednesday, December 1 at 7:30 in the Hyatt Regency Crystal City.
Meeting room TBA.

For those of you who made it last year, it will be a similar event.
Matt Ettus and myself will be there with Ettus Research, LLC
sponsoring food and beverages. This is a time for people involved in
the community to get to know each other a bit better and share their
work and ideas. I'll take some time to provide everyone present with
some of our ideas for the future of the project and Matt will be
sharing some of his plans for Ettus Research.

Importantly, though, I would really love to hear back from all of you
about what work you're doing as well as thoughts on the project. We
will have 1.5 hours for discussion, including some time at the
beginning for food and some informal introductions. For the bulk of
it, I would really like to get some good discussion going about GNU
Radio and its applications. So please come prepared to share!

We will likely head out to a local bar for around 9PM to continue the
discussions over beer.

This year, we are going to be more formally a part of the SDR
Conference, and as such, the organizers of the conference have asked
for people to register. You have a few options for registering,
including the free option. I will be attending all week and have a
presentation on Tuesday as part of an Open Source Software panel
session put together by Phil Balister as well as a tutorial on GNU
Radio on Thursday. Matt will be there as an exhibitor during the
entire conference. That's just to let you know some of the activities
going on during the full conference. You can find more here:
http://conference.wirelessinnovation.org/

To register, you can see the different options here:
http://conference.wirelessinnovation.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=118975&orgId=s1

I apologize for the timing of this email. I realize now that I should
have gotten it out sooner since tomorrow is the cut-off of the early
registration deadline. Anyway, the organizers are asking people to
register, even if that's just the "Exhibitors and Exhibits Only
Attendee," which is free for pre-registration or $50 for on-site
registration.

Location information:
For those not familiar with the DC area, Crystal City is just south of
DC (technically in Arlington, VA) on Rt. 1. Here's the map:
http://goo.gl/maps/itPK

The bar we will most likely be going to is Bailey's Sports Grill (or
The Fox and Hound, depending on where you look). It's a decent pub
with a large selection of beer, and I think we all had a pretty good
time there last year. Note that this is the one on Crystal City Dr,
not Wilson Blvd.
http://goo.gl/maps/uaXi

RSVP:
It's not necessary to tell me that you're coming, but it would help us
to get a feel for the amount of food we should plan on.

Thanks! And I look forward to seeing many of you there!
Tom