Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD issues on Mac

From: Matthias Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD issues on Mac
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:22:52 +0200

Am 19.05.2010 um 02:51 schrieb Josh Blum:

> I had misconfigured the clocks, which would explain the problem. Can you pull
> in the latest uhd code and gnuradio gr-uhd branch. And try again?
>
> I hope that fixes it. I will be looking at daughter board code tomorrow so I
> will see what i can duplicate the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> -Josh
>
> On 05/18/2010 11:55 AM, Matthias Wilhelm wrote:
>>
>> Am 15.05.2010 um 00:02 schrieb Josh Blum:
>>
>>> I believe that i have got a few success emails with mac os. The errors dont
>>> really make sense because its just userspace udp, which clearly works
>>> because of the find devices. It may be an fpga timing issue.
>>>
>>> I just pushed a bunch of new host code, and posted images .
>>>
>>> Can you give it a try:
>>> http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries#UHD-Firmware-and-FPGA-Images
>>>
>>> Let me know, thanks!
>>> -Josh

>> Hi,
>>
>> its working on the Mac and Linux with the new firmware and FPGA code, i can
>> generate a simple_source object now! But the samples I get don't seem right.
>>
>> I'm using the XCRV2450 dboard, it says RX 0x0061 and TX 0x0060. With the raw
>> ethernet chain, I can receive WLAN signals, but with the UHD driver I see
>> only noise, something very low in the FFT sink (around -110dB), no matter
>> what gain or antenna ("", J1 or J2) I set. Its the same issue on Mac and
>> Linux platforms.
>>
>> But it seems that its almost working now...
>> Matthias

Hello,

it's working with the new code, I see signals flying around now.

New problem (unfortunately):
The fft sink freezes after some time, depending on the decimation/sampling rate:
decim 4: after about 12 secs
decim 8: ~30 secs
decim 16: ~60 secs

Killing the python program and restarting it works directly, so maybe something
is not cleaned up properly on the host side. I used recv_buff_size=50e6 and the
Linux default values, both freeze after the same time.

Matthias