Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "Failed to set frequency to ..." message in Spec

From: Rahman Doost
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "Failed to set frequency to ..." message in Spectrum scan
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 16:40:08 -0400

I checked and they're not hundreds. In fact there does not seem to be anything unusual about that.
Plus I see some 'S' sequences every 3 or 4 failed scans too. In USRP2 usage FAQ, it says this happens when packets are dropped. But I don't know which one causes the other one.

Rahman

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM, John Gilmore <address@hidden> wrote:
> I suspect that some resource, perhaps file descriptors, are "leaking" on
> each iteration of the
>   scan.  Possibly because the device is being re-instantiated on every
> iteration?

You can easily see if file descriptors are leaking.

While it's running, from another terminal window, just do
ls -l /proc/NNNNN/fd, where NNNNN is the process ID.  This will
list all the file descriptors and what they're used for.  If there
are hundreds, there's your problem.

       John