[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-radar-mono TX at 64 MHz - and I/Q vector replace R

From: sam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-radar-mono TX at 64 MHz - and I/Q vector replace RF pulse
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 14:13:20 +0200

Hi all,

I want use USRP as Active Radar. In first time my aim is to emit a RF
pulse at 64 MHz, and receive echo. For this i have read the comment in
"gnuradio/gr-radar-mono/src/fpga/top/config.vh", the two last lines is:

// Uncomment to enable 64 MHz Tx clock, otherwise 32 MHz
//`define TX_RATE_MAX

but if i uncomment the last line, the bitstream for fpga can be
compiled, but the result is the RF-Pulse don't exist. It is a bug which
be not reported? One people have use this without problem?

I have test many code for solve this problem, but without victory. I
have test was to rewrite in
"gnuradio/gr-radar-mono/src/fpga/lib/radar_control.v" the line:
  assign tx_strobe_o = count[0]; // Drive DAC inputs at 32 MHz
in
  assign tx_strobe_o = clk_i; // Drive DAC inputs at 64 MHz?

I have also test to assign the PLL clock at 128 MHz in Input of
cordic_nco in "gnuradio/gr-radar-mono/src/fpga/lib/radar_tx.v".

But nothing be good.

In second time, i want to send not a single pulse, but I/Q vector at
64 MHz, now i have use register of fpga to transfert the vector that
i want to send. That seem's be good, but maybe a more simple
solution exist? I think that the best solution was to instantiate an
tx_buffer module in gr-radar-mono, but i have no idea howto
implement this. Nobody have make a similar construction?

    Thank's for all, and have a nice day ++