Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] git commit for previous releases

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] git commit for previous releases
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:20:33 -0400

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Firas Abbas <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/DevelopingWithGit

Perhaps I should rephrase my question. In git, I want to track
changesets between the current development tree and previous
*releases*.

It turns out to be a silly question because the relevant commits don't
exist in the git repo, which only carried over trunk from the old
subversion tree. Thus, you won't find the commits if you search as
they were in branches that only exist in svn world.

So, to assemble the history that I was interested in, I cloned out of
the svn repository and rebased the release branches at their
respective original svn copy points.

release-3.1  80e6a256ed352771acedbb2c5628d3d06f06a7d8
release-3.2  f64da1cf3acc3d12e3ac38f27cd3f09c3e920e0a

The reconstructed histories are in my public repo.

http://github.com/ttsou/gnuradio-ttsou/commits/releases/3.1
http://github.com/ttsou/gnuradio-ttsou/commits/releases/3.2

May another person who needs to travel back in time, with a fondness
for git and distaste for svn, find this information useful.

  Thomas