Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: basic questions about usrp_fft.py and us

From: Tom Lutz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: basic questions about usrp_fft.py and usrp_oscope
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:47:20 -0400

> What's worse is, the oscope program sometimes randomly freezes up, so I
> have to force quit the program to close it.
> -Ankit

It may be overloaded with data.  Unable to keep up with the data flow,
the GUI freezes.

Try ./usrp_oscope.py -n 5

...or pick another number greater than 1 and see what works.
./usrp_oscope.py --help explains this parameter.  I was having a
similar issue with the oscope before using that.

Also, enable the gl scope if you are using 3.2SVN.

===========Taken from
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/CompGrWxgui#GLSinks==============
Enable the GL Sinks

Rather than modifying existing programs, the GL sinks can be enabled
via a configuration file. To enable the GL sinks, edit or create
~/.gnuradio/config.conf and add the following lines:

[wxgui]
style=gl

Additional configuration options can be found in the README.gl.

Cheers,
Tom