[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: basic questions about usrp_fft.py and usrp_oscope

From: Ankit Saraf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: basic questions about usrp_fft.py and usrp_oscope
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 08:49:47 +0200

I have a similar problem too as I'm just starting to use USRP and I
haven't had a lot of success so far.

I'm trying to do a basic xmit/recv. to make sure my 2 USRP devices are
working fine. I'm using a RFX 2400 daugtherboard, and so I'm
transmitting at 2.5GHz.

I can transmit using the usrp_siggen.py program to transmit either a
100kHz or a 1000kHz sine wave, and the program runs fine.

But I don't think I can see the signal on my receiver, which is the
second USRP device hooked up to a separate computer. I'm using the
usrp_fft.py and usrp_oscope.py programs for this purpose, and I can only
see noise in both cases.
The usrp_fft program shows a peak at the tuned frequency, but that's
doesn't really say anything, since it shows the peak no matter what
frequency I tune it to.

The two USRPs are next to each other, so I can't imagine why I'm not
getting anything at all!

Suggestions?