Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC bug in Variable Sink

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC bug in Variable Sink
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:50:20 -0400

I just checked in a new variable sink today (trunk). It takes complex, float, int, short, byte, and vectors of said types. So, you could potentially send an array of filter taps over udp source -> variable sink, and the variable sink would call set_taps on your filter. :-)

Yes, that's what I've been doing.  It works.  I've also written
the missing gr_int_to_float and gr_float_to_int blocks, as well as a
gr_network_to_host_ii byte order swapper block.  If there's general
interest in these blocks, I can submit them for inclusion in GnuRadio.

int to/from float would be great. There is gr_host_to_network_ii as well?

Since it seems to be useful, I will make a shiny new variable sink in the grc trunk. BTW, there is a converter script now for older flow graphs if you are willing to try it out.

Sure.  How do I get to it?

The converter script works automatically when you open flow graphs from 0.70 and below.

-Josh