[Discuss-gnuradio] odd behavior on new ofdm_benchmark_* code

From: Dev Ramudit
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] odd behavior on new ofdm_benchmark_* code
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:38:17 -0500

Hello all,

Running the new ofdm benchmark code doesn't seem to be working quite right. I only receive packets when I start the rx side while the tx side is already running, and even then I receive:

on one:
$ python benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -f 907M

on the other:
$ python benchmark_ofdm_rx.py -f 907M

ok: False        pktno: 69       n_rcvd: 1       n_right: 0
ok: False        pktno: 79       n_rcvd: 2       n_right: 0
ok: False        pktno: 83       n_rcvd: 3       n_right: 0
ok: False        pktno: 97       n_rcvd: 4       n_right: 0
ok: False        pktno: 111      n_rcvd: 5       n_right: 0
etc...

Restarting the tx side yields more received packets. However if the rx side is ever started when the tx side is not running, nothing ever gets received. Benchmark_loopback, the old benchmark_ofdm_* code and the new and old digital benchmark_* programs all run perfectly with these two computers/usrps. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dev Ramudit