[Discuss-gnuradio] Scope hangs

From: Tommi Rouvali
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scope hangs
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:55:10 +0200

Hello all,

This is probably stupid question, but I ask it anyway:

I have example file from: http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gnuradio-examples/python/audio/audio_fft.py?rev=6466

I run it with -S and it works ok. I can press buttons on scope and responses.

Now a litle change:
66c66
<       self.src = audio.source (sample_rate, options.audio_input)
---
>       self.src = gr.sig_source_f (sample_rate, gr.GR_SIN_WAVE, 650, 100)

And again I run it with -S to get the scope view. But this time the scopes user interface is hang. Buttons do not do anything, and even when trying to close window linux tells me 'Program not responding' and I have to force quit this app. The sin wave is scope runs there just fine. But user interface is 'locked' and cpu usage rises.

GnuRadio 3.1.0 compiled it myself. I also did try 3.0.? that comes with new ubuntu but same thing.
Computer is Pentium 4. with 1GB of memory. Ubuntu linux.

What I did wrong this time?