[Discuss-gnuradio] error: X is required...

From: Cicale Randy S 2dLt AFRL/VSBXI
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] error: X is required...
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:30:37 -0500

I'm trying to install the GNU Radio on a Debian system and found that I need
Xrender to install Xft to install Pango to install GTK+ so that I can use the
wxgui module.

X windows is located in the typical directories: /usr/X11R6/bin/ and /etc/X11/
I've used ./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6/ as well as no prefix specified. I
always get the error:

Checking for X... no
Configure: error: X is required, but it was either disabled or not found.

Any ideas on how to get this to work? I know X exists because I can use x
windows. If that fails- how about help on just using text based gnuradio
programs?