[Discuss-gnuradio] Call for testing release 3.0.1

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Call for testing release 3.0.1
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:22:18 -0800

All,

The GNU Radio release 3.0 branch has accumulated a few bug fixes and
updates over the last several weeks since the 3.0 tarballs went out.
None of these have been serious, and the rate of new bugs has dropped to
nearly zero.

The latest of these updates has been to fix the build issue with
automake 1.10.0.  Since that is now the default for Cygwin and Gentoo,
it will likely be the version shipping with other distributions or
systems soon.  So, at this point we'd like to cut a 3.0.1 cumulative bug
fix release.

I've created a Wiki page with the details of what's changed since
release 3.0:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Release3.0Branch

To summarize here:

* Updated AUTHORS file (r3740, r3750)
* Changed line ending style on config/*.m4 (r3751, r3776, ticket:88)
* Improved gr-video-sdl configuration error message (r3752, ticket:84)
* Fixed 'make clean' breakage using BSD make (r3753, ticket:87)
* Fixed non-portable constructs in build (r3775, r3839, r3840)
* Remove bashisms in build system (r3797, r3838)
* Updated gr-how-to-write-a-block README (r3841)
* Improved error message on size mismatch in fg.connect (r3849)
* Eliminate compiler warnings (r3854)
* Fix for systems missing include/linux/compiler.h (r3914)
* Fix for working with automake >= 1.10.0 (r3923, ticket:92)

What we'd like is for people to test this in all the usual ways before
we cut tarballs.  You can point your svn client at:

http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/releases/3.0

(This is not the same as the tagged 3.0 release, but rather is the part
of the repository we've been accumulating the bug fixes into.)

If you find an issue, please file a bug on the Trac system at:

http://gnuradio.org/trac

...by logging in as username 'guest' and password 'gnuradio' (without
quotes.)

Thanks!

--
Johnathan Corgan, AE6HO