Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] where is VrFileSink in gr-atsc?

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] where is VrFileSink in gr-atsc?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:33:42 -0400

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 16:07 +1000, Kyle Zhou wrote:
> Is there anything wrong with my configuration or the atsc module is
> not completely implemented?
> Thanks
> Kyle

Yes, the atsc 2.x module is not completely implemented.

I played around with it earlier this year, and some of the modules
work in the gnuradio 2.x framework, but the rest still only work
in gnuradio 0.9, waiting to be ported to 2.x. Those that need
to be updated are:

GrAtscBitTimingLoop3
GrAtscFieldSyncChecker
GrAtscEqualizer
GrAtscFieldSyncDemux

Everything else can be done in 2.x using a USRP: file sink,source,
pll,root-raised-cosine,viterbi,reed-solomon,de-interleaver,
de-randomizer,etc. A 'hybrid' of 2.x and 0.9 actually works, but
I had to use an old version of RedHat 9 linux just to get gnuradio 0.9
to compile, for the 4 modules listed above. Attempts at porting those
are in gr-atsc, and they compile and run but don't work correctly.

--Chuck