Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with SWIG and c++ templates...

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with SWIG and c++ templates...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:13:44 -0700

Michael Dickens wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. I haven't had time to work it out yet, but I'll be looking into it shortly ... unless someone else knows a "quick fix" for this issue. - MLD

I don't have time at the moment to go into detail, but look at the way this is handled in gnuradio-core/src/lib/general for the gri_agc_cc.cc file.

gri_agc_cc.cc implements a class that gets used in gr_agc_cc.cc.

There is a corresponding gri_agc_cc.h and gri_agc_cc.i file.

grc_agc_cc.i is *not* put into general.i, but is included directly in the .i file for the functions that use it. In this case, the file gr_agc_cc.i has an include at the top.

This way SWIG is aware of the function and can link to it, but doesn't include it in what gets turned into Python.

Let me know if this is the right solution for you.

-Johnathan