Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth Across USB

From: Lee Patton
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth Across USB
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:46:59 -0400

Hi John -

16/D bits/sample x 64e10 samples/sec x 1 B/8 bits x 1 MB / 2^20 B <= 32
MB/sec

Therefore,

D >= 16*64e10 /(32*8*2^20) = 3.814 -> 4

So, if you want to transmit twice as many sample across the bus...

D > = 2*16*64e10 /(32*8*2^20) = 7.63 -> 8

...you have to halve your sampling frequency.

Are you aware that there is a -8 option in some of the scripts that
allows you to send 8 bits instead of 16.

Hope that helps,
 - Lee