[Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth Across USB

From: jjw
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bandwidth Across USB
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:30:30 -0700 (PDT)

I know this is probably an extremely stupid question, but I wanted to get
some verification.  I've noticed that the minimum decimation rate you can
use in all of the sample programs is 4 (giving you an effective sampling
rate of 16 MHz).  If you are transmitting 1 real channel of data (16 bits)
at this rate, that seems to be maxing out the USB transfer rate of 32 MB/s.
Am I correct in my deduction that you need to use a decimation rate of at
least 8 in order to transmit complex data (such as for FM demodulation)
successfully across the USB?  Thanks.

Thanks,
John