Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM / DAB demodulation

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM / DAB demodulation
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:23:30 -0800

Charles Swiger wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 10:53 +0200, Jens Elsner wrote:
>> Well - you can download the standard at ETSI. It's open and published.
>> I don't know about the US.
>>

> Ok - last time I asked about the US hdradio standard I got the
> impression that the lower levels of the stack were for licensee
> eyes only.

I've downloaded the iBOC standards (both AM and FM) and they seem to be
pretty detailed on the physical layer.  They don't mention the codec at
all, though.  It would be interesting to demod it to the point of
getting the bitstream out, for 2 reasons:  eventually there will be a
[probably non-free] software version of their codec, and there are data
portions of the stream which are not from the codec.

Matt