Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM / DAB demodulation

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM / DAB demodulation
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:43:39 +0200

Hi Clark,

thanks for trying out my code. The problem is that what you are seeing
is *already* DQPSK.

The pilot is accounted for, it is the first symbol in every frame.

Demodulating might make sense, but I guess the BER is still way too high
to compensate it with channel coding. There has to be some kind of
reasonable explanation for the phenomenon we are seeing...

For those of you working with real OFDM data: What could be the cause of a
"phase jitter", even after differential demodulation?

Jens