Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV and Microtune 4937 eval board

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HDTV and Microtune 4937 eval board
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:51:30 -0500

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 01:50, mao mao wrote:
> I am new to Gnuradio group. After reading the FAQ, I am very excited about
> HDTV reception. I want to start playing with gnuradio 0.9 code first
> because there are working HDTV codes out there.

> I checked  Measurement Computing, and found their AD board is available for
> $1299,not bad. Here is the hard part: How can I get a Microtune 4937 eval
> board? First, I don't know how to get a 4937 tuner module. Second, I am a
> software guy, and building a eval board according to the schematic is a
> hard job for me. So my question is:

Might I recommend buying a USRP instead, with a TVRX board?  The hardware will
be much less expensive, and the software build is much easier (the mc4020
module isn't, IIRC, fully maintained at this point in time).

And it would be a tremendous help to the GNUradio project to get the HDTV
stuff running on the current code.... :-)
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology