[Discuss-gnuradio] FSK with TX-RX in ISM-band 433 Mhz

From: Luis Simoes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK with TX-RX in ISM-band 433 Mhz
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:53:05 +0100

Hi all,

I am a novice in gnuradio and after searching in a lot of forums I put my USRP
working and my Gnuradio running. Some FM and AM reception with and without
GUI are working fine. Now I have some problems in FSK. I try to receive in
ISM 433 MHZ some data packets with a data rate of 38.4 kbaud. The data is
manchester encoded. To do this I followed the way in the gnuradio examples
(fsk_rx.py) with a channel filter and the simple correlator. To do the
correct manchester decoding I changed the correlator block in according to my
needs and build the new block howto_manchester_correlator. The difference
between my manchester_correlator and the simple correlator is the packit
function and the sync bytes (instead of using GRSF_SYNC I use MAN_SYNC=
0x66669999, these are the preamble and syncronization bits).
Now when I start my application gnuradio starts receiving some data that is
written to a file, but my transmitting module is switched off and the data is
complete nonsense. When I switch on the transmitter the result is the same.
This occurs also when I ran the application with the simple correlator. The
seqno where in random order, but there should be nothing because I didn't
send anything in the simple_framer format. Now I think the correlators are
working well but the problem can be on the radio part.
My system is working on Linux-kernel 2.6 (Linux 9.3) and the CPU is AMD Athlon
XP 2400+
I have tried to adjust all parameters with no result.

I am very grateful for any kind of help or advice.

Luis