Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM

From: transient
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:25:01 -0800 (PST)

Sweet, a load of work off of my plate, maybe? Any time frame in mind for QAM demodulator release then?

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Robert McGwier wrote:

Josh:

There is the beginnings of all of this checked in. We have a synchronizer in the MM sequencer and the basis for carrier tracking and decision directed equalization. The goal during a work event in GnuRadio central (Eric's basement) was to lay the ground work. We have some kind of bug in the processing chain that needs to be resolved. Once this is resolved, the code can be upgraded from QPSK to QAM by pretty simple changes to the slicer/decision directed equalizer.

Bob

address@hidden wrote:
Hello. I have seen some posts where people propose to write a QAM demodulator, but I haven't seen anyone produce code. Is there not a demand for this? I am needing 64QAM demodulation.... if there's nothing that anyone else has made for this (for GNURadio), would it be plausible that I myself could write something like this, assuming a certain amount of programming skill?
  Josh