Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Operating System Question

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Operating System Question
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:20:29 -0700

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 07:40:13AM +1200, Moir, Tom wrote:

> I have after two weeks solid trying to get the core to compile given up.
> I use Fedora Core 3 and I was wondering if somebody could suggest
> another Linux + version where it does actually work. For instance
> Mandrake ? I need the minimum of fuss as I have a life and kids!
>
> Regards
>
> Tom

I'm fond of Mandrake 10.1 Official (now called "Mandriva")

  http://www1.mandrivalinux.com/en/ftp.php3

I also like sending money to Mandriva every now and then (Mandriva
Club) to to ensure that they stay in business...

They distribute pretty much everything that it takes to build
gnuradio.  I think the exception was that I had to build sdcc from
source to compile the USRP firmware.

Eric