Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp examples (ignore earlier)

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp examples (ignore earlier)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:24:43 -0500

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 09:40:58AM -0700, Prateek Dayal wrote:

> I once faced this error and tried real hard to get away with this in a
> gentleman's way ... but in the end I just deleted my site packages
> folder completely and reinstalled gnuradio and other things and it
> worked ...
>
> but I am sure that there has got to be a better way .,...
>
> the problem came up when i wrote a module of my own and added it to
> other things ...
>
> On 6/11/05, KUNAL RAJANI <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > coz it couldnt find wx module (which i think shud hv been installed by
> > wxPython)
> >
> > any help would be appreciated... thanks

If you install python as root and wxPython as a user, python can not find
the wx module. There is a wx.pth file with the directory name in it but
python will not use that unless it is in the site-packages where python
itself is installed. There are several fixes:

1. Install python and wxPython as root (maybe using sudo).

2. Add to the PYTHON_PATH environment variable an addiltional section with
the actual path to wx.
   ...:/home/gr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.5.5-gtk2-ansi/
                                            ^^^^^--from wx.pth file

3. Put a wx.pth file in python's site-packages directory with the full
   pathname to wx.

4. Import wxversion in your program and tell it to import the version of
   wx that you want.

Numeric has similar problems if installed by a user.

--
LRK