Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Booting a new USRP

From: Rahul Dhar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Booting a new USRP
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:15:54 -0500

Charles,

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:57:04AM -0800, cfk wrote:
> Dear Rahul
>  The program test_fusb is not installed in the computer's path. I can be
> found
> in ../usrp/host/apps along with several others such as test_usrp_standard_tx
> and test_usrp_standard_rx. In all three cases these programs are invoked by
> navigating to the ../usrp/host/apps directory and typing:
>
> ./test_usrp_standard_tx
>
> The "./" means execute the program in the current directory and not to search
> the computer's path. You can see your path with the command "echo $PATH" from
> a terminal prompt.

As I said, test_fusb isn't anywhere on my hard disk (or find was lying
to me).  Anyways, I ran test_usrp_standard_tx and got the following:
TX d'board A: <none>
TX d'board B: <none>
tx_underrun
tx_underrun
tx_underrun
tx_underrun
tx_underrun
xfered 5.37e+08 bytes in 16.8 seconds.  3.2e+07 bytes/sec.  cpu time =
1.93
5 underruns

I'm assuming this means the firmware was uploaded properly..  LED0's
blinking rate slowed to about 1 Hz, as expected.  However, LED1 doesn't
seem to work.  "usrper led1 on" doesn't do anything.  "usrper led0 on",
however, makes LED0 turn back on sooner than it should, and it then
resumes blinking at 1 Hz.  led0 off does the opposite.
"./usrper 9862a_read 1" also works as expected.

Is there something additional I need to do to get LED1 working?

Thanks,
-Rahul

--
Rahul Dhar