Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DTV and HDTV samples

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DTV and HDTV samples
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:12:10 -0800

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 10:38:05AM -0600, Meenal wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Is it possible for someone to contribute  DTV and HDTV samples (5s , 10s)
> from 2 or more stations, for a GNU Radio project we are doing here at NCSA
> ( National Center of Supercomputing Applications), Urbana-Champaign.
>
> Unfortunately we do not have great reception for DTV and have no HDTV
> transmissions in our area
>
> Many thanks,
> Meenal

There is 10 seconds of data here: http://comsec.com/data/README

I think this particular sample is a piece of a news broadcast so it's
probably not 1080i.

I'd appreciate it if you'd grab the data in the middle of the night.
I'm currently not running traffic shaping...

If you are so inclined, it would be great if you or someone else on
your project would port the ATSC code from GNU Radio 0.9 to GNU Radio
2.x.  I'm definitely available to assist with questions, suggestions,
etc.  The port will be straight forward.

Eric