Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS/X USRP Compilation Error

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS/X USRP Compilation Error
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:06:14 -0800

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 03:12:49PM -0800, Darrin Eden wrote:
> Hey Gnu Radio Heads,
>
> While compiling USRP code on OS/X I'm running into "fusb.h:32: error:
> forward declaration of `struct usbdevfs_urb'" in usrp/host/lib/fusb.h.
>
> It appears usbdevfs_urb is a Linux thang in
> include/linux/usbdevice_fs.h. I haven't been able to locate the same in
> the libusb code-base or elsewhere.

I've done some major whacking on the usrp host side library that
should solve your problems.

The fast usb classes fusb.{h,cc} are now abstract classes that just
define the desired interfaces.

I've created three concrete implementation classes:

  fusb_generic.{h,cc}: uses only standard libusb routines (works,
     but is slow, at least under linux)

  fusb_linux.{h,cc}: uses linux/usbdevice_fs interface (very fast)

  fusb_darwin.{h,cc}: currently equivalent to fusb_generic; it's
     intended as a starting point for any darwin magic.

I've also added all the autoconf magic to select the appropriate
concrete classes at configure time.

Have at it!

Eric