Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RF Circuit design for front ends.

From: Kurt B. Kaiser
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RF Circuit design for front ends.
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:59:58 -0500

Tim Pozar <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 10:08:56PM -0800, Eric Blossom wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 03:19:52PM +1100, Rob Judd wrote:
>> > Krysztof,
>> >
>> > The Art of Electronics, Horowitz and Hill. I'd put it up next to the
>> > ARRL Handbook in terms of essential books for any electronics
>> > experimenter.
>>
>> The Art of Electronics is fabulous.  It's not specifically about RF,
>> but walks through pretty much everything else.  The discussion of
>> various transistor configurations and rules of thumb for how to think
>> about them is worth the price alone.
>
> Very well written.  For RF I would point to ARRL handbook for some
> basics.
>
> A suggestion for RF is "RF Circuit Design" by Christopher Bowick
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750699469>. I love it as
> it speaks to me in much the same way as Art of Electronics.

You may want to look at the classic

Introduction to Radio Frequency Design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0872594920/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/104-5883192-9567125

by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, and also his new  (2003)

Experimental Methods in RF Design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0872598799/qid%3D1073068310/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr_11_1/104-5883192-9567125

These are both ARRL published.  First rate and practical.

--
KBK