Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Future USB hardware questions

From: tongaloa
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Future USB hardware questions
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:45:32 -0500

Matthew Ettus wrote:

HDTV -- the USB bus may be BW limited here

Spec sez one can run single device at 65% or about 260Mbps
'firewire' IEEE1394  is supposed to be good for 90% or about 360Mbps

How about some details on your hardware? It sure would help...
For example, what to do for mix and A/D? Is it 'better' to mix to
I/Q and run dual channel A/D or glom I/Q further downstream.
Also, what about local osc signal generation for the mix?
There are so many ways to go about getting to I.F. or baseband...
and all have tradeoffs...

I'll appreciate the help/info. .. .
Last time I assembled something, the board was made with film from
transfers and tape so to get up some on the multilayer board curve
I'd like to assemble a HF DDS(AD9850) with either USB or 1394 for
control interface. With RF amp and mixer on another board it will
make a nice converter for narrowband HF stuff through the sound
card. NG for HDTV but it wii allow some play with IQ vs
single channel sampling.

-Bob