[Discuss-gnuradio] IF Hardware Question

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] IF Hardware Question
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:46:55 +0100

Hello
     A few questions for any hardware persons on the list ..

 I have extracted a 10.7 MHz IF from the input side of the WFM ceramic
filter on my receiver (which isn't easy easy to do on an AOR3000). I really
need to amplify this a little before mixing it with something else to obtain
a lower IF. Am I correct in presuming a ceramic filter is high impedance ? If
so should I use a Toko IF transformer to match the signal to a simple
amplifier ? If that is the case can anyone suggest a suitable Toko part
number
for this component ?

Sorry for the all questions.

Regards