[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help for a novice - Success

From: Richard Staley
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help for a novice - Success
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:11:29 +0100 (BST)

Re: Audio out on Redhat 7.2 , GnuRadio 0.3

I was getting the following error message when running ./mono_audio_out

  VrAudioSink: Audio device /dev/audio busy

On my system it seems there is nothing attached to /dev/audio!

I had to change the code in VrAudioSink.h so that the output went to /dev/dsp
ie change the entry with "/dev/audio" to "/dev/dsp" and re-compile.

Anyway shouldnt this be the case on a Linux box? Having just read the
Sound-HowTo , it implies u-law coded stuff goes to /dev/audio , with /dev/dsp
taking the raw PCM stuff ( as generated by a SDR).

Audio output is now working fine on my Redhat 7.2

Appologies if this has already been corrected , I havnt got CVS working here
yet.

Now to learn "pspectra" and put some hardware together so I can see/hear live
signals!

Thanks to everybody who replied. Keep up the good work!

Richard.