Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware ??

From: Benjamin J. Tarval
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware ??
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:34:41 -0700

A good question indeed. I think the hardware stuff is supposed to go on
the FAQ, but hasn't been done yet. So allow me to add some information here.

There are two different approaches currently being used. Eric is working
with the PCI-DAS4020/12, as listed at www.measurementcomputing.com. This card
runs about $1,300. I would expect that any technical info could be had from
there.

I am currently working on a low-end approach, in order to allow people to
start working with the code without having to shell out much money.
Specifically, I'm working with getting the code working with a SoundBlaster
card.

As you might expect from the price difference, each approach has its own
merits and drawbacks.

        -ben-