discuss-gnu-electric

Re: schematic not showing symbol even after reset back to factory settin

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: schematic not showing symbol even after reset back to factory setting
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 14:41:22 -0700

At 07:19 PM 4/6/2009, you wrote:
hi

after gone through the preferences, I still can't manage to bring the shematic symbol in the cell/grid visible.

perhaps some image will help describe my problem.

left-click and drag the schematic:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3061/13522662.jpg

I have to select the wiring by memorizing where initially did I put the nmos
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7774/95879429.jpg

after left-click an empty spaces, it show like that (btw, aren't it suppose to give me the schematic symbol?)
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3461/18880196.jpg

just to mention that i did not alter the settings at the first place
1. I download started to follow you tutorial and realize the schematic not showing as mentioned above
2. Then I change/alter the settings provided in "preferences"
3. Still not successfull, then reset to factory setting..
4. the outcome is still the same...

So the question is: why are your schematic symbols not appearing?

Let me ask some other questions to see if this can be debugged:

(1) can you place layout components (i.e. switch to the "mocmos" technology and place a contact).  Can you see it?
(2) Is there anything unusual about your monitor (is it running at "full color" or something reduced)?
(3) Have you played with the "Layers" tab on the left...is everything "Visible"?

   -Steven Rubin