dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] libserveez.h #includes

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] libserveez.h #includes
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 22:34:09 +0100

() Julian Graham <address@hidden>
() Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:52:18 -0500

   In the process of porting my code to the "next" branch of Serveez, I
   noticed that libserveez.h references a bunch of libc types without
   #including the requisite headers. Obviously I'm still able to use
   libserveez.h if I do the #includes myself, but it seems to me that
   libserveez.h should be doing them. Specifically, the following types
   / typedefs are used without their #includes:

   FILE (from stdio.h)
   uint16_t (from stdint.h)
   in_port_t, mode_t, gid_t, addr (from netinet/in.h, among others)

   Have I missed something? Let me know.

Stuff like #include <stdio.h> were never in libserveez.h, so for now i'm
inclined to leave them out, due to inertia and lack of gumption mostly.

Some things are straightforward (AFAICT), like #include <stdio.h>.

Others are more complicated; e.g., see src/networking-headers.h -- i see
all those ‘#ifdef’ .. ‘#endif’ as sort of a client-code rite of passage.

Perhaps it would be reasonably helpful to list in the manual all the
system headers used (or rather, mentioned) in the code base and say that
configuration (to determine the preprocessor conditionals) is the client
code's ball of wax, standard disclaimers apply, do not taunt happy fun
libserveez.h, etc...

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen ..................................... GPG key: 4C807502
.                  NB: ttn at glug dot org is not me                   .