dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] guile support needed

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] guile support needed
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:38:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> Of course.  It's just a two-line fix (IIRC), and I will commit it
> shortly, after some testing under Guile 1.5.  Would be nice if you
> could check for older Guile versions.

With a minor change it works for Guile 1.4, too:
  (format #f "~s" obj) -> (format #f "~S" obj)
The format specifier for strings seems to be "~S".

I was not yet aware of the possibilities of the eval-server. Did you ever
try:

bono ~> telnet localhost 2001
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Hello, type `quit' to end the connection.
Type Scheme expression to see them evaluated (but only one-liners).
guile> (primitive-load "echo-server.scm")
=> #<unspecified>
guile>

This adds the echo-server on fly to the list of known servers. This means
you could administer Serveez via remote guile scripting...

Would it be possible the redirect the (current-output-port) within the
evaluation call to the socket connection ? This would place the "hi" from
(display "hi") onto the user and not to the stdout of Serveez.

Moreover I am not sure about how to disable calls like (delete-file
"./serveez"). Can we limitate the time for one evaluation call ? I also
wonder if it is possible to make the arguments passed to the
handle-request routine (sock request len) availabe within the evaluated
expression...

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden