Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates (was Re: Playback View: an impor

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates (was Re: Playback View: an important advance for Denemo)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 08:55:16 +0000

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 23:33 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I have a question about the templates. Timpani has a range of about
> 5th. This range varies depending on the size. Would I say the range is
> F3-A2?

The range is just a reminder to the person entering the music - if they
enter notes outside the range they are displayed in red. And the mouse
won't click onto a note position outside the range (but you can move
there by any other means). In particular it doesn't affect the typeset
in any way.
So set the range to whatever the person entering the music would find
useful.