Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates (was Re: Playback View: an impor

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates (was Re: Playback View: an important advance for Denemo)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:13:48 -0600

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2016-01-18 at 22:38 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Do we have a percussion staff or drum staff so that  denemo created a
> DrumStaff Context. I thought we did at one time. I searched in the
> command center but did not see it.
>

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/percussion-in-midi

It's in Clef Chooser in the Clef menu. It's a bug that "drum" as a
search term doesn't find it. I'm not sure how it relates to channel
10(coded 9) in GM, nor to the commands about setting tables of drum
sounds that Nils created.

I just tested this out. I added a drum clef from the Clef Chooser. I looked in the staff propertis and it did give me midi channel 10. Demo produced drum sounds when I entered notes. In playback view though it produced piano sounds. In the lilypond I see no DrumStaff Context. I see Nils created a denemo file that labels each instrument in the drum map. There is like 2-4 notes for every percussion instrument. I seems to be for reference.

Here is the documentation for the drumstaff context:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/drumstaff