Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 17:38:58 +0000

On Sun, 2015-11-08 at 15:52 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running denemo on Fedora 22.
>
> Somehow I can't get rid of the tooltips. No matter how I set the
> tooltip timeout settings, the tooltips always pop up immedeately. Extremely
> annoying.
>
> Since setting the tooltip timeouts seem to have no effect, I suspect
> there's something wrong with the internal timer handling.
>
> I tried the denemo-1.2.4-x86_64 kit from the site, and also self-built
> Fedora kits for denemo-1.2.4 and denemo-2.0.0.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Further to our conversation on irc #denemo, it might be worth deleting
~/.denemo-*
 and then re-starting and clicking Help->Turn Off Excessive Tooltips

with that the Gtk default tooltip timings should be in effect.
(Actually, even without that, the timings are just the default ones -
the "newbie" setting is just tooltips on the main windows, which you
wouldn't want after you had got started).
 This would rule out any question of Denemo influencing the tooltip
timers being the issue. Then it would be a question of finding another
application using the same runtime libraries and seeing how its tooltips
behaved.