Re: [Denemo-devel] split view

From: rshann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] split view
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:05:47 +0100

Is there a way to split the currently viewed movement, a the cursor? I don't
see that in the menus, in any version.

If you mean a split view (ie display thing), no (though the page view lets you view just a few staffs on many lines).

If you mean create a new movement with half of the current movement cut and pasted from the current movement, that would need a script. You could record the commands: basically Set Mark, GoToEnd, (Staff Down, Staff Down ...) Set Point, Cut, New Movement, Paste

Then you would turn off record and experiment with executing the script, once it worked as intended you would save it as a new menu item in the Movement menu.

For some cases though, you would need to hand edit the Scheme generated by record. I am thinking of the GetPrevailing Time Signature command if the point where the movement is split has a different time signature to the initial one, and the repeated staff downs you need to select all the music from the cursor to the end of the bottom staff. Easier would be to create a command to make a new movement from the selection. (just (d-Copy)(d-NewMovement)(d-Paste) IIRC)

HTH

Richard
(BTW yes, the ^markup has to come after a note or some such, you can use an empty chord <> for it if you want it to stand alone

<>^/markup /circle "A"

or are those \?, I am working under difficult conditions here...