Re: [Denemo-devel] repeat quirk

From: rshann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] repeat quirk
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:04:12 +0100

I inserted a start repeat at the beginning of my movement, as this snapshot
shows:

                http://www.flight.us/misc/denemo/repeat_quirk.png

but it is rendered positioned before the time signature (a "C" in this case.
Also shown above).  Is that normal, or a bug?

Well that is a question for the music engraver, LilyPond; Denemo is not doing anything special here. I haven't got access at the moment to examples, but it is unlikely to be a bug.

Also, by the way, can one force a 4/4 instead of a "C" ? Somehow, liberties are
taken to convert the 4/4 to "C".

No liberty, LilyPond engraves to a particular standard, which says various things about time signatures. multimeaasure rests and more. To deviate from that standard you need to issue a request to use some other standard. Denemo provides the one you mention (numeric time-signatures) in the time-signature menu.

What made you think a liberty had been taken is that Denemo's display is so crude, it just displays what you typed in, rather than considering the typesetting standard that LilyPond is set to by default. Eventually, perhaps, someone will tweak the display - there is no real reason I'm sure why Denemo dumps hairpin crescendos above the staff instead of below, for example.