Re: [Denemo-devel] printing margins, and miscellania

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] printing margins, and miscellania
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:25:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi. I think I found more problems:

> > I imported a score i created with 0.9.3, which had '\circle "A"' inserted by
> > means of Notes/Rests -> Markings -> Arbitrary Text

When I try to create my circled letters in the new git build (1.0.9) (to mark
the beginnings of sections), I get an "invalid lilypond" error in the typeset
music window.  I add '\circle "A"' (without the single quotes), using "add
arbitrary text" command.

However, as before, when I add '\circle "A"', by means of "add arbitrary text"
in the 0.9.3 versions; everything is a-okay. My circled A, B, and C are rendered
correctly by lilypond.

There is a vast difference in the xml files, that result from the command —
between the 0.9.3 version and the 1.0.9 version.

Here is the XML that's generated for a 0.9.3 *.denemo file, with the above, and
it's functional and good:

<tag>Text</tag>
<postfix>^\markup \circle "A" </postfix>
<display>\circle "A"</display>
<minpixels>20</minpixels>
<ty>-100</ty>
</directive>

And here's the bad one, with the 1.0.9, inserted as "arbitrary text":

<directive>
<tag>TextAbove</tag>
<postfix>^\markup { \override  #'(line-width . 40) \wordwrap-string #"\circle
"C""}</postfix>
<display>\circle "C"</display>
<minpixels>20</minpixels>
<override>16</override>
</directive>

________________

Also:

(1) When I import an old 0.9.3 .denemo file into 1.0.9, the XML for the above
stays the same (and is lilypond-rendered correctly, in 1.0.9 !)

(2) Though I'm using the same command (at least, with the same name), the
dilogues are different between the two versions.  In the old one it's a
one-liner dialogue, whereas in  1.0.9 you can enter multiple lines.

(3) I tried using other insertion command which sound like they might do the
trick, but failed miserably. In 1.0.9, I did "Insert Lilypond" and added
'\circle "A"', and THAT broke the typeset music window also (such that I
couldn't delete it! had to texzt-edit the xml file to remove it !) I tried some
other insertion, too (can't remember which, right now)

thanks again!