Re: [Denemo-devel] changing pitch with key strokes ?

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] changing pitch with key strokes ?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 23:08:56 +0200

Am Tue, 31 May 2011 14:24:18 -0400 (EDT)
schrieb Bric <address@hidden>:

> Hi, folks
>
> every time I re-visit denemo, over the last few months, I am stumped
> by the inability to change an already existing note's pitch, with the
> keyboard.

And for the last 1 1/2 years or so you missed the feature which is
already in Denemo and called Shift Up and Down and a key feature of the
composer profile:
WASD, the "Gaming Cursor Keys" change the pitch up
and down with w and s, diatonic steps, and octaves with Shift+w and s.
A and D multiplies or divides the duration by factor 2, in case you
miss this next. (e duplicates a note, shift+e a measure and so on, you
see the keyboard logic here)

The commands are
a) available in any Profile, only without shortcuts which are easy to
set yourself.

b) also available as real semi tone or whole tone transposition through
the menu Notes/Rest->Transpose.

> Also, to be absolutely greedy and ambitious for denemo :-) ...
Let me re-read this again tomorrow, but sounds easy.

Nils