[Denemo-devel] changing pitch with key strokes ?

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] changing pitch with key strokes ?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:24:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, folks

every time I re-visit denemo, over the last few months, I am stumped by the
inability to change an already existing note's pitch, with the keyboard.

My intuition compels me to try "Ctrl+up(arrow)" or some
Ctrl+Shift+[whatever]+Up, to raise the pitch by a tone/semitone and
Ctrl+down(arrow) to lower the pitch.

Ideally, I would like to have both a chromatic and diatonic increment feature.

For example,

Diatonic increment/decrement:

Ctrl+Up Raises an A (natural) to a B natural, if the key is set to A major. (In
the key of Bb, it would raise it to Bb) -- along the diatonic scale.  Ctrl+Down
would lower it to G# (in A major) and to G (natural) in Bb major.

Chromatic increment/decrement:
Ctrl+Shift+Up always raises by a semitone, regardless of key, but the result is
expressed differently, depending on the key: raises A to A# (in A major and
other sharp keys), A to Bb (in "flat" keys), etc.
Ctrl+Shift+Down always lowers by a semitone, expressed according to key
context...

------------------

Also, to be absolutely greedy and ambitious for denemo :-) ...

Another key combo, perhaps Ctrl+Alt+Shift+[Up/Down], would not change the real
pitch but would force a different notational expression of the same pitch --
spanning all expressions from double flat to doubleflat, producing the next
possible one... double-flat, flat, natural, sharp, doublesharp

Thus,  Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Up changes a Bb to an A#,  and a G to an Fx (doublesharp)

and [CSA+Down] would change an Eb to an Fbb and a C to Dbb, etc.

or perhaps with reversed up/down effect.

Am I dreaming?

For me, at least, this feature is the only major one that is missing; with the
above denemo would become super high production software (for me).

thanks!