Re: [Denemo-devel] Storing midi devices in denemorc

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Storing midi devices in denemorc
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:47:14 +0000

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 14:26 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I was wondering how would I go about saving the midi devices and port
> names in the denemorc. Most variables in denemo.prefs are of type
> GString, int, and boolean. I could save a string array for the ports
> but that would be for only one device. Whould it be bad to put a
> structure here contained in a GList. The structure itself would
> contain a GList or string array. What do you suggest. How would I get
> this in and out of the XML file .denemorc. The prefops only has
> examples of doing int, boolean, and string loaded and saved to/ from
> the xml.
Look at exportxml.c for examples of saving more complicated structures.
In fact if you gunzip a .denemo file (and run the perl script xmlformat
on it to make it readable) then you can see lists of strings being
saved, and corresponding to the names you can see how they are
stored/retrieved in export/importxml.c

Richard