Re: [Denemo-devel] Logo Experiments

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Logo Experiments
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:53:33 +0000

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 21:12 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> I talked to Thorwil, who made most of the best linux audio logos. He just
> made a sketch about a Denemo logo and he said he could do it for real if we
> want.
> So here is another possibility:
>
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2008/11/20/denemo/

I quite like the second of those...
> I personally don't like musical symbols in logos but thats only my opinion.
I know what you mean - they tend to look corny.

The solution may be to use a not-so-hackneyed musical symbol.
How about a logo that turns the final "o" in Denemo into a whole-note
(semibreve) and put a Fermata over it? This would link in with the idea
of denemo as a sort of finale or culmination. Or - is there a symbol for
a coda?
Richard