Meaning of Denemo was :Re: [Denemo-devel] Logo Experiments

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Meaning of Denemo was :Re: [Denemo-devel] Logo Experiments
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:28:23 -0600

Denemo is a corruption of the French word denouement.

>From Wikipedia:

In literature, a dénouement (IPA:/deˈnuːmɑ̃/) consists of a series of
events that follow the climax of a drama or narrative, and thus serves
as the conclusion of the story.

I read once something from Matt Hiller once saying that many commercial
notation editors have a word that means something that comes at then end
like encore, finale etc ...  So he named it after the word dénouement.

Sorry but the only reference I could find was this on the old sorceforge
archive:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=13eeecddb036ad35eb3da283a6b8b1cf%40elec.gla.ac.uk

Jeremiah