Re: [Denemo-devel] Release

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:00:23 -0500

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 08:05 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 09:54 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 21:58 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > Yes, perhaps we can sort out the homepage link first? I won't be online
> > > over the weekend though.
> >
> > I fixed the link to the release tarball. I tried to ftp it up and that
> > was a bigger pain than scp. It also did not seem to work right for some
> > reason. Anyway it is easier just to scp it. The release is at:
> >
> > http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/denemo/
> >
> > I can add ubuntu .deb's if you think it would be useful.
> Would the .deb mean that someone didn't need to build it? That would be
> useful I'm sure, since Ubuntu does not even come with gcc by default.

Yes. The user could download the .deb and install it easily. Once I
figure out how I would like to turn a directory into a repository so
that debian or ubuntu users would get updates automagically from their
package manager.

>  I think we'd
> better make contact with sourceforge.

Maybe I can email someone there or maybe Adam will post up something on
sourceforge saying we moved to savannah. The home page at sourceforge
mentioned this savannah at the top but I don't think its enough. Search
engines are going to link to sourceforge for a while. How do stop that?