cuadrantes-espiral

[Cuadrantes-espiral] [Fwd: Re: Congratulations (for the Debian thing)]

From: Quim Gil
Subject: [Cuadrantes-espiral] [Fwd: Re: Congratulations (for the Debian thing)]
Date: 26 Apr 2003 10:00:14 +0200

Del desarrollador de Everything (y ahora desarrollador Debian).
Interesante, sobretodo el enlace del final.

Quim

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Congratulations (for the Debian thing) Date: 25 Apr 2003 22:31:48 -0400
On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 09:19, Quim Gil wrote:
> A Debian developer friend of mine just forwarded an email announcing
> your admission as Debian developer.

Thanks. It's been a long process, but I'm happy to be waiting on the DAM
stage, hopefully for not too long. =)

> We're really glad to know it, since we want to use Everything in our
> brand new Debian server to try to build in the long term something like
> a Latin American & Spanish 'everything' having as a starting point
> http://desdeamericaconamor.org

Everything is a great system.  We're working on it in our spare time.
I'd love to get a 1.0 version out by the end of the year, but I don't
know how long the 1.0 features we want will take to develop and test.
It's a slow going effort, but it's still going on.

I took a look at the website. We would need some international character
hints, especially for search.  I'd be interested to see how it would
fly.

> Having you as a Debian developer give us a hint about the future of the
> Everything tool, so we will install it and adapt it to Spanish language
> and the project needs with more confidence in the current robustness and
> its future evolution.

I started wanting to maintain debian in the archive, but now the whole
Debian thing has taken on a life of it's own. I can't wait to help out
more.

> BTW, are you a Spanish speaker?

Not natively no. I am going to do some translations, as I was a spanish
student for many years and I'm trying to get back into it. The
translations help me keep it fresh.

> > He has contributed towards the DDTP by providing Spanish translations
>
> Congratulations again, we wait to see Everything in the .deb packages
> soon.  :)

Thanks. They are set up now (debconf coming soon) at my private apt
archive at http://jay.bonci.com.  The debconf items are waiting on a
little spare time from me (just started a new job).

> Quim

See ya around the archive ;)

                --jay

--- End Message ---