criawips-devel

[devel] sodipodi as a base for criawips

From: Nadav Rotem
Subject: [devel] sodipodi as a base for criawips
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:31:09 -0700

Hi ,

I wanted to suggest the use of sodipodi as a base for criawips. It seems to me like the sodi team had implemented a great set of functions for using floating objects , like criawips needs. I suggest forking sodi , dumping the outer shell and use the rendering engine for criawips. After such a fork , functions like group and ungroup may be easily added while other features such as bezier's curve may be deprecated.

a few screenshots:

http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/screenshots/new/sodipodi-0.27.jpg

http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/screenshots/new/writing-mode_tb.jpg

http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/screenshots/new/sodipodi-0.25.jpg

As you can see in the screenshots , the canvas itself looks great. A new set of controls is definitely needed.

Thanks,
Nadav