crack-attack-devel

[crack-attack-devel] Crack-Attack! 1.1.15 cvs 01 Testing Announcement

From: Andrew Sayman
Subject: [crack-attack-devel] Crack-Attack! 1.1.15 cvs 01 Testing Announcement
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:40:32 -0400

===========================
Crack-Attack! 1.1.15 CVS 01
===========================

It's time to begin testing for a new release.

Over the 1.1.15 development cycle we changed the networking code to use
ENet[1]. This has two important implications:
1) 1.1.15 is not backwards compatible with any other versions of
crack-attack at all.
2) We need people to test the new code to death!

We've narrowed down a lot of bugs in it so far, and generally we've been
pleased with how much less lag their is involved in a game. Who knows
what else could go wrong though? Help us find out!

This is an important milestone because, using ENet, we'll be able to
begin work on features like a better interface for connecting, and
showing both player's screens in a networked game.

If you'd like to be more involved, check out the tasks page to submit
ideas and find a good place to start:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?group=crack-attack

The Crack-Attack! 1.1.15 CVS O1 packages are available here:

    Linux Autopackage
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/crack-attack/crack-attack-1.1.15-cvs-01.x86.package

    Windows Installer
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/crack-attack/Crack-Attack-1.1.15-cvs-01-Setup.exe