classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] DomConsumer bug: missing trailing backslash in xmlnsURI

From: Niranjan Kundapur
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] DomConsumer bug: missing trailing backslash in xmlnsURI
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:08:57 -0400

Hello,

I get a DOM003 namespace error when I use the following code. I believe
there is a minor bug in DomConsumer. I am using Xerces 2.0.0. Please see
description below.

Thanks,
Niranjan

Code
=====
TextConsumer textConsumer = new TextConsumer( System.out );
DomConsumer domConsumer = new DomConsumer(
Class.forName("org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl"), textConsumer);
EventFilter.bind( xmlReader, domConsumer );
xmlReader.parse(...);

Exception
=========
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: DOM003 Namespace error
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:119
3)

Bug and fix in DomConsumer.Handler
final static String xmlnsURI = "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns";;

A trailing backslash is missing in the above url. It should be
http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/
Also check out the revision note put up by W3C at
http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/ It appears that Xerces is right in this case.